HOUSING CONTINUUM AFFORDABLE RENTAL PROGRAM
The purpose of the affordable rental program is to provide qualified participants single family homes for rent in Kane County. Along with the Illinois Housing Development Authority and Kane County, Housing Continuum currently owns thirteen single family homes which are made available for families at affordable rents. These three, four, and five bedroom homes are located in Kane County in the communities of South Elgin, St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, and North Aurora.
Along with the specific criteria for the development of the affordable rental homes the program outlines specific criteria for the families that would be eligible to rent a home with Housing Continuum Inc. The goal of the program is to provide rents that do not exceed 30% of a household’s income.
Applications are taken based on the availability of the rental properties and include the following criteria:
- Families must meet income guidelines of no more than 60% of Kane County median income at initial rent and no more than 80% median incomes for subsequent years.
- Families must have enough income to meet the rental amount without exceeding income to rent ratios.
- Each applicant is required to pay a $30.00 application fee at the time of application. This fee covers the cost of a background check. This fee is non-refundable.
- Families must provide the Agency with a valid photo identification and proof of social security number for all household members at the time of application.
- Families are allowed to have a maximum two pets with a $250.00 (per pet) non-refundable fee.
There is a security deposit of one month’s rent and and first month’s rent due at the time of lease signing. Rents for our properties currently start at:
- 3 bedroom $980-1250
- 4 bedroom $1,341
- 5 bedroom $1,475